Friday, December 3, 2010

Tim's Christmas Tag-Day #2

This year I thought perhaps I would work on finishing making my Christmas cards and send them out instead of playing with Tim's tag. Well today is day 2 and I already have jumped in. I just couldn't help it. I had a blank sheet of inkpad felt sitting on my shelf for over a year just waiting to be inked (thanks Bonnie!).

So I grabbed my distress reinkers the blank felt and while I don't have Tim's stamps that he used today, I found one of his ATC collage stamp's of santa. Inking the details of the stamp was was a little difficult but once it was finished and I started stamping I found it much more successful than directly inking the stamp as I have done in the past. Wow, I quickly realized this is a much faster way to produce stamp multiple colored images.

My next ink pad is for another ATC chickadee collage stamp by Red Lead Paperworks that got me started on Tim's 2010 tags.

Special thanks to many other sites for are sponsoring related challenges: Simon Says Stamp and Show (terriffic weekly challenges), Ellen Hutson's CLASSroom features 12 days of Christmas tags with a feminine touch, Fiskateers (a great general crafting website that regularly offers challenges).

9 comments:

  1. Love your pretty tag :) Thanks for linking to the splinter group
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag and I love the atc's, I see how useful it can be when all these images are done so easily, I was like you - determined not to get sucked in this year as I have so many other projects to finish but what can I say - has has me hooked all over again lol, I think he casts magic spells over all crafters, cant wait to see you next tag xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is totally delicious, I love your birds. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what WONDERFUL tags!!! great takes on Tim's tags!! whoo hoo!!

    thanks bunches for playing along with the design teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful and love all the additions. The little birds are gorgeous and the colours fabulous.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving how this one turned out

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done you on improvising... LOVE the tag, very pretty! many thanks for joining in with the Artistic Stamper CT challenge... sorry I am so late getting here .. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the tag, but most of all I adore the custom inkpads you made. I have to try that one of these days. It looks like loads of fun. Need to keep an eye out for the right felt product to use it on. I'm guessing it would keep for a long time in a ziplock.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day