Thursday, August 12, 2010

Class-A'Peel





The Stampendous Challenge this week is to use Class-A'Peel stickers. Stampendous sells a wide variety of these stickers but I only had 1 option since I live in an isolated community with only 3 stores that sell some stamping items within a 400 mile radius. So I used what was on hand-a beautiful set of butterflies in flight. I tried the sticker background technique. Adhering one side of Therm O Web Peel N' Stick to cardstock and uncover the surface sticky side to attach the butterfly and glitter. I found this thin-line sticker difficult for me to adhere to the sticky surface. As I tried to lay out the butterfly flat in another area the other side would go limp. I am sure I held my breathe for several minutes while I was biting my tongue LOL!! After the butterfly was secure I poured glitter over the entire piece and gently pressed it onto the sticky surface to make sure all areas were filled with glitter. Unfortunately the solid coverage it not create a dramatic effect I had hoped for in my minds eye. So I turned to the site's video resource and realized I should have used the jumbo stickers as Fran used in the video...what a difference!

So I moved on trying my own creativity to improve the situation by adding some color to another butterfly sticker. I like the look much better but next time I will use glue in specific areas for the glitter without the sticky background OR I will use the background technique with jumbo stickers. I am sure the sticky background technique is very fast with spectacular results. I was pleased to find the glitter sticks very well to the sticky surface...just be sure to contain the glitter when moving it to the surface of your paper and returning excess to your jar. I have already requested our 3 store owners/manager order plenty of the poinsettia stickers for use for my Christmas cards. I am really happy to learn these about these techniques and products before the holiday crunch time! Thanks Stampendous for the inspiration!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The blue butterfly piece is so sparkly and lovely and looks like a lovely piece of jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jan! I don't do well with tiny things ... my fingers are too fat and I don't have the patience! I love the pretty, sparkly results! Your card and handmade embellie are gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely stunning! You have been busy. I really need to stop by more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had lots of problems with this one too. Your butterfly card is beautiful! I'm glad you kept trying...it certainly was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely. Love coming to visit you! Thanks for sharing! Loads of new cards on my blog. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day