Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Recycle and reuse!


I found a scrapping website, Artz de Scrap which focuses on altering items. Since I recently overdosed on making an abundance of Christmas cards and my craft room is now filled with an avalanche of scraps I am happy to jump into using a few of the leftovers for an altered matchbox challenge. Although I felt a little past the Christmas theme an idea to make a container for storing some recycled scraps for next season pulled my thoughts together. While pondering the matchbox I recalled wanting to save some of the snowflakes from the holiday Coke cans. Yes, a little can cutting and punching of metal and I have a stash of embellishments as well as some larger snowflakes like the one behind the bird.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous storage idea, and beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this is gorgeous! :) love your altered matchbox, thanks for supporting us at Artz de Scrap! you have interesting altered works on your blog, would love to see you participating in our future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan this is so lovely, I told you great minds think alike, i've posted anb altered matchbox too *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a marvellous idea. I don't think we have matchnoxes here, well maybe they do in the shops. I will have to look. I love the idea of storing your pretty embellishments in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to see you blogging again, Jan. This is a beautiful box, and such a wonderful place to store little treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day