Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I began with Claudine's resist technique. I dipped foam stamps into gesso to stamp the polka dots and swirls in the center. I sponged over the gesso dots and swirls with fire brick distress ink. I then added a few flourishes in black archival ink. I cut material to cover the entire inside but left a side seam allowance of 1/4" on both sides. Yeah, sticky back canvas makes projects fast and easy. I zipped off the backing and on went the fabric. Folded up the bottom and hand pressed the side edges together for a good seal. I added a little checkered ribbon trim on the inside to cover the side edges.
I used gold metallic dabber acrylic paint to add interest to the outside opening edge and black dabber acrylic paint for the sides. Embellished with plain white Prima paper flowers that I inked and stamped and finished with some final pearls. This whole project took less that 1 hour including drying times...and most of my time was spent selecting the combination of stamps, inks, and material.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
I love swishing my aquabrush with pretty alcohol inks across acetate. I find this technique not to be a precision painting style but rather lends itself to relaxing and playful creative time. This one I had fun experimenting by adding playful dots.
I used parts of background stamps for both of these images. I had fun adding stickles behind the alcohol ink for a set of ATCs.