Monday, September 1, 2008

Thank you for a special year Stacy!



Serving on a creative team for a full year is a large volunteer commitment. So I wanted to say a BIG thanks to Stacy {jbgreendawn } for the tremendous effort she put forth to making the Stamp Shack creative team projects a success. Stacy and I share the joy of gardening so I made her a lunchbox and of course sent the red and yellow card I posted earlier.






Drying flowers so I can enjoy summer throughout the year is a favorite of mine. I love incorporating them into boxes. Here I use a white lunchbox (perfect for storing our A2 cards) and covered it in alcohol inks. I use coordinating Adirondack pens to complete the coverage next to the hardware. A layer of background images is stamped and heat embossed. Ferns and a net background are stamped and embossed with Ranger's seafoam white powder. Finally I add the flowers and ferns that I have dried with a microfleur in the microwave. I put down a layer of modpodge where I want to place them and place the flower on top. Then I add another layer of modpodge on top starting in the center of the flower and gently stroking it onto each petal to the tip in an effort to complete coverage without bubbles. A coat may take approx 15 minutes to dry. I used a foam bush to add an additional layers. I generally add 3-4 coats before I like full coverage.
My original photos turned out blurry so I want to say an added thanks to Stacy for taking these for me.

4 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! I love how you use real flowers! The colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, you are the queen of alcohol inks. No doubt about it. No matter what you use it on, be it cards or altered projects, your final result is nothing less than spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan...this box is extroidinary! How do you think of all this wonderments to make! Thanks so much for sharing all your beauties on your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so utterly even more stunning in person! Jan Thanks more then i can tell you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day