Sunday, August 17, 2008

Artist Trading Cards

Ever sign on to a swap thinking this is a pretty easy topic but then feel like you struggle through the journey that follows? I am working on ATC's on with a flower theme and one with that requires using some acetate.

Our usual fabulous summers here have had a sad twist with rain, rain, rain since July 4th and temps hanging in the 50's. Unfortunately most of our flowers and vegetable gardens are no longer beautiful. So I think the sadness of losing a season of beautiful flowers and warmth reflected into my work.
Here I tried a new technique call black velvet. While the technique did come out like described it give interesting results. I used an image that looks hand carved.




I tried playing with using some of last year's dried flowers. :-( didn't get to dry any this year...good thing I still have a plentiful stash from last year!






Here I played with the acetate and layers of inks and papers. I think it is time to let these sit and to move along to a different project or two....happy stamping!!!

11 comments:

  1. Stunning ATC's Jan. That black velvet technique looks very effective.

    Summer here in Scotland was a wash-out this year too - constant rain from around mid June right through July and into August. We got so lucky during our vacation - 10 days of sunny dry weather at exactly the right time! When we got home the weather broke and it's been constant and heavy rain for the last 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Jan these are stunning! To bad you did not get any more flowers dried! I love that you are always trying something new! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely stunning ATC's, Jan. I love all the depth you achieved with the layering. So sorry to hear you didn't have a chance to enjoy flowers this summer, but you did alot with those from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those dried flowers, and the black velvet has a very interesting look to it. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, these are fabulous. Your dried flowers are so beautiful, and I love the way the Black Velvet card turned out. I've spent a good portion of my morning looking for the Black Velvet technique. I found all kinds of interesting sites, but no BV. Sigh. Maybe I should look at the techniques I've already saved in Word. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan, these are fabulous! Better than fabulous. Have you considered submitting these for publication? Your use of your own dried flowers and the entire composition of these ATC's is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ATCs. I am just now making a few. I'm not sure I'd like to join to trade or not. If you put your ATC to trade (that does mean you trade with another person for their ATC, right?), what do you do if you don't like many of the ATCs out there? I only made three and I happen to like the third one very much, so can't part with it right now, but maybe I will do some more with that same stamp and list them as 2,3, etc. in a series.... Sorry to leave such a long message, especially about my ATCs, when I really like yours. I'll be back to visit. Clarian's Hawk from Hero Arts group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to say how pretty your work is and how much I enjoy visiting your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your blog and have nominated it for an award. Please come by my blog if you would like to accept it.

    http://dominodebi.typepad.com/sos/

    Gigi 001 (AKA Deborah) from HA Flickr Group

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been offline trying to get ready for Kindergarten... and then getting my preschool classroom ready for this week. I've missed you! These ATC's are GORGEOUS!! You must submit them if you haven't already. Such a stunning display of nature's beauty.

    Hoping all is well with you, my friend! Sending big hugs across the miles... Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day