Sunday, August 17, 2008
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Yellow, Red and Black Challenge
Yes, this month Stamp Shack's challenge team is finishing our 1 year term. Stacy has coordinated the year's color challenges and has truly gone above and beyond in helping to coordinate our many other projects. I wanted to thank her for her dedication and support so I made this card for her final challenge.
Last week Stacy participated in my final technique challenge (background masking) and posted a beautiful card that can be seen on her blog. As usual her card is filled with many exceptional details. Thanks Stacy for such a wonderful year and the lovely remembrance.
For this card I stamped Rubber Stampede's Gerber Daisy in Adirondack pigment yellow and embossed. Blended Nick Bantock's vermillion lacquer ink with my Ranger blending tool...love that tool!!! I used Ranger acrylic white dabber to bounce a little white highlight into the flower's center for some added depth. Edged with a corner of SU's flourish stamp. Added dew drops and ribbon for embellishment.
Pumpkin orange, yellow, and blue Challenge
This week's blog at Hero Arts features color information. The challenge offers a choice of three color combinations and of course reguires using at least 1 HA stamp.
The orange background mat was stamped with HA Wild Fairy Lily stamp...slightly tricky with all those stems. Stamped without reinking to add lighter images for depth. The HA watercolor sunflower is new to my collection-I love it. Stamped in Adirondack's pigment ink and embossed. Blended Nick Bantock's deep turquoise for the background. This long legged HA Decorative Bird was selected for his ability to reach the sunflower seeds. His body has a 2nd layer on pop dots. Stickles and sunflower seeds were added for embellishment.
Blog Candy Sorry, I recently have experienced several spam comments so I had to add the word verification on to my comments section...I know I too dislike those so much! But I hope you will still leave a comment. In appreciation I am offering a little blog candy-2 distress ink pads -tea dye and vintage photo and a sample of Cut N Dry foam (blending sponge) in this cute little tote that can wonderful hold your Stickles or dabbers. I will randomly selected the winner from the comments posted here Friday, August 15 by 4pm AST (yep, that's Alaska Standard Time).
PS. A stamper from 2 peas and Hero Art's flicker group asked that I share a link to her new blog. Anne is currently working on an Art Journal project. In Addition to her art blog she has a beautiful professional photography blog. Tell Anne I said Hi if you get a chance to stop by.
Monday, August 4, 2008
This one shows a layer technique using a torn paper mask and the new Ranger pigment inks. I used a range blending tool to achieve the even colors. The sky is made with the CB distress embossing folder.
This next card is a pop-up...alway guarenteed to have a fun surprise inside. I masked real ferns for the background on this one.