Saturday, March 22, 2008

Gettting the Grunge On


"Getting the Grunge On" is the name of 2 swaps I am currently hosting. The idea is to experiment with grungeboard and use some on a tag. This first one I worked to create a distress look. I started by swiping some gesso on the tag and ink the background. The gesso acts as a resist. This tag asked for an animal theme.





For the 2nd tag I wanted to experiment with using grungeboard in a more elegant way. This tag required a flower so I choice to use a versamark resist technique with Nick Bantock's rose madder ink.

It was a wonderful surprise to learn that
the grungeboard did not not flake apart like tagboard which has caused many frustrating moments for me in the past.
Also I love cutting it in my cuttlebug. Yes, it does smell somewhat like leather but that was manageable for me.

1 comment:

  1. Jan,
    I guess great minds think alike. I also used gesso on my tags and then colored with distressed ink. My background dictated my overall tag. These are going out in the mail by the end of the week.
    Love your tags.
    PS-- I do hope you consider a bird an animal.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day