Monday, August 13, 2007

What was I thinkin?

Why or why would I show off some great ink colors and not share more details. Oh silly me!!

The Nick Bantock ink collection is a part of the Ranger products. They are dye based, acid free ink on a raised square felt pad in a container like the distress inks but it is metal instead of plastic. I bought this set for 2 reasons-I love resist techniques which generally call for dye inks and sometimes I like the vivid colors after working with the quieter distress inks for a while. I do find the colors on the labels are not as vivid as the actual colors. Second reason is that while I had been interested in them for some time I happened to be at the right place for a super clearance deal. I would certainly advise not to pass up a good deal if it comes your way. If you want to take a look here is the link to Ranger Ink

Another following-up to the color study:
One great eye caught an interesting view of my last card and asked if it was embossing powder on acetate. Actually that view is really like an optical illusion. The card is made like the others with the focal stamping image on a wider gold purchased dry embossed paper and then on black paper that I sprayed with Kylon's gold webbing. This spray paint is available in other colors too. I usually spray several sheets outside in the summer so I don't have to worry about how to do it in the cold weather. Donna you have a great eye and I may just try a card like you described--I love playing with acetate!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you filled us in on the details. I'll keep my eye out for these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day