Tuesday, August 7, 2007

This one is for the challenge!


Easy as 1-2-3
The challenge on Caardvarks calls for creating a card with 1-embellishment (stickles) 2-patterned papers of course the background but also the 3-flowers are paper pieced and sculpted. Hmm--m okay nothing like stretching out of one's usual styles :-)



The current Stamp Shack's color challenge is pomegranate, olive, black, and tan. Since I don't have any pomegranate paper or ink I gave some serious thought to making some pomegranate tean and pouring it through a coffee filter and using the filter. But then I decided I really wanted to do more with this new plum ink and this combo would work perfectly so I made a slight change to the color scheme.
To make this one I stamp a french script background in Ranger's tea stain distress ink. The resist is made by stamping the flower in embossing ink and adding seafoam white ep then sponging on the Nick Bantock's Damson Plum ink.
Happy stampin!

5 comments:

  1. WOW these are gorgeous! Love the colors you used! That flower is so great! Love how you used a real plant in the one too- do you just dry it then use it?

    They both are wonderful!

    ~k

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my how this look like yummy sorbet colors to me. Love your 1,2,3 choices. The fern is a great addition. Your resist with the color challenge is a beauty. I'd love to see the pomegranite tea technique, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these Jan! I have this stamp set, just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, these are so beautiful! The colors are lovely and I know of no one but you who can combine art and nature as well. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color combo on the bottom! Both cards are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day